....original photography except where noted....


Saturday, October 23, 2010

unaccountable love



there’s really no great reason i should feel this glowing,
this swelling in my chest….

there’s no reason other than that it’s a sunny day,
cold, but sunny,
and my daughter left the house with a smile….
and my son was here yesterday and made me laugh….
and the hills are growing greener, like emeralds, every day….

and there is wonderful music in my ears,
songs about romeo and juliet, and
unaccountable love,
and arriving together….

and once i loved a man….

and though we couldn’t see ourselves together,
it was beautiful and rare….

so love is here, nevertheless….
it’s a place of strength for me,
and weakness….

to close my heart would be weaker though….
staying open, i am free to love everything….
and i do….

i love everything,
even tears….

even stars on a lonely night….
even other lovers, entwined, walking,
even the empty place in my bed,
where love should be,
was….

it’s all good,
it is….
love love love is never wrong….
it’s the path of courage and pain,
it’s the path of beauty and triumph –
it’s the only choice, really….

to love takes me deeper into life,
into pain,
and thus into joy….
because i can’t know joy without this pain….

so i love

and i get busy with the business of living,
going around with this secret glow
in my chest….

this unaccountable love….

____
© 2010
Beth Anne Boardman

1 comment:

John P. said...

Hi Beth, shortly after posting my latest blogspiel, I read this, and grinned at the similarities. You said it so much better though...