....original photography except where noted....


Saturday, February 25, 2012

shameless love




you are my reason
my light

for you i have
faced dragons

climbed mountains
barefoot

cried rivers

because of you
i chopped wood by the hour

carried weight sure to break me

filled sandbags and dammed floods
to keep you warm
and safe

the bloom on your cheeks
makes me glow

the turn of your curls
enslaves me

for you i have gone to
all the places that frightened me

endured agonies of separation

for you i learned
to live with a broken heart

through the glow
you ignited in me

through wanting to show you life
in every dark corner

i found this tenderness
inside myself

and for the first time
know self-forgiveness

through everything
i endeavored

because of you

i found
me

i see my beauty in you
hear my gratitude in your humor
feel my heart in your arms

you are my light

and i am forever
and forever

shamelessly

yours
___________
©2012
beth anne boardman


dedicated to kdh and keh


in memoriam gtb and rpb

8 comments:

Chandali said...

feeling with you dearest BethAnne..
holding your beautiful heart
in my thoughts

love Chandali

Anonymous said...

that is exquisite!!

Beth said...

thank you my beautiful loves! :) so glad you came by for a visit.... much love and respect (and warm hugs) to you both! <3

Mike Gertje said...

No better Love then the love given freely -- and recieved.

Beth said...

awww, thanks mike! so glad you came by! :)

Jamie K. Reaser said...

Beautiful Bethie - so simultaneously light and deep, simple and profound. May life deliver on to you the same tenderness you bestow my friend...

Beth said...

ohhhh, *thank you* jamie love! warmest hugs! :)

Rhonda said...

Lovely Beth!