....original photography except where noted....


Sunday, August 29, 2010

silver mysteries



sometimes the moon
runs its silver fingers through my hair
as i sleep

bathed
in its light

unknowing….

and sometimes i wake up
and catch her
or him

and feel unreasonably loved

because here i’ve been
lying face up,
arms thrown wherever….
head turned towards the window….

and somehow the moon
found its way in
through curtains
mostly closed….

but not enough….

and so i wake up
gently surprised
with silver in my eyes
and on my face

and i look down at my body
my sheets
my arms
all showered in silver
as though
moon-bathing….

and i feel touched
by the soul of the world

here in my secret sleep –

loved –

burrowed down in
a nest
so comfortable i can’t/won’t move….

during these quiet times
i wonder --
what dream did i wake out of
or into –

i wonder –

if i hold very very still
silvered in this magic light

will i find the answer
to that which mystifies me….

if i try not to change a thing,
not my breathing
or my posture
if i try not to even think….

can i keep this silence within me
forever?
this peace, this connection?

so i lay
in between the worlds….

in between breaths
and thoughts….

quietly soaking in
whatever the
silvery filaments
release
around and through me….

love

mystery

magic

sweetness

peace

loneliness

grief

silence

god

or sometimes—

sometimes when i’m awakened
by those silver fingers
in my hair

moving softly over my face

i wake up,
hold still,
and know myself

as part of the great net of
miracles
that encircles this earth –

fed by love
and gratitude
and secret joys

celebrated
in silent silver moments

alone
with all that is…..


____________
© 2010
Beth Anne Boardman

2 comments:

Anne said...

This looks like a magical place to visit! I can see me skipping here like a sprite, frequently!

Beth said...

ohhh, thank you lovey! so glad you enjoyed your visit today! :D <3